Tech News

Update with what's going in Tech world.


TRAUMA Gameplay Preview from Krystian Majewski on Vimeo.

You may remember Photosynth, the impressive yet somehow unsatisfying photo collage tool from Microsoft. Though I always thrilled to the technical aspects, I’ve never taken a shine to it. Maybe it’s the photographer in me that prefers one well-composed photo to a hundred interlinked snapshots. One game developer, though, saw potential that I never even considered. Krystian Majewski has put together Trauma,
what looks to be a very interesting point-and-click adventure game using Photosynth’s ability to essentially create “levels” out of pictures.

The abstract, psychological-exploration atmosphere reminds me somehow of the mesmerizing Mirror Stage, and the dreamy narration reminds me of Max Richter’s The Blue Notebooks. At any rate, it looks like a compelling little adventure.

Note, I say Photosynth but the game apparently runs in Flash, which suggests it’s some Photosynth-ish derivative. We’ll see. The game will be released when it’s released, apparently; bookmark accordingly.

0 comments

Post a Comment

bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

AddThis

Bookmark and Share